Fill in the Blank Friday! courtesy of Lauren
1. My favorite book growing up was probably the Babysitter’s Club series. I was addicted.
2. The funniest book I’ve ever read was Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams is one of my favorites ever (as evidenced by repeated references to him on this blog). It strikes me that I don’t read a whole lot of laugh-out-loud funny books…although I’m sure there have been others.
4. If you’re looking for a real “tear jerker” you should probably read Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson (first book that ever made me cry) or My Sister’s Keeper. The last Harry Potter book brought me to tears the first time I read it to – but you might need the all-in-one-sitting, day-it’s-released, last-book-ever feeling to really get tears out of it.
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien. Dickens would be nice too.
6. The next book on my “to read” list is undecided at this point. My to-read list long is seemingly inconquerable, but I think the next book I tackle will be Snow by Orhan Pamuk or Brick Lane by Monica Ali – two books I’ve owned for a while but never read.
7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I’d bring a single edition (tome) of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That comprehensive book of the 5 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy books and Augustine’s City of God. I haven’t read the latter, but it’s huge and apparently amazing, so there you have it. Maybe cheated a little bit – but technically there are only three bound books going with me – even if they comprise 9 stories altogether 😉